Welcome to “Just A Girl With A Tattoo”, popularly referred to as JAGWAT.
JAGWAT is a community blog, originally derived from Tales Of The Mute, a personal blog created and founded by Sibahle Teyise.
JAGWAT aims to provide a safe platform for women of all ages, professions and backgrounds to inspire others through their stories and life experiences. With news of women suffering misfortunes in silence because of fear of ostracism, JAGWAT aims to bring women together to empower and learn from one another.
We are looking at people who are RAW, honest, and, feel like they have something to contribute towards the growth of others. At JAGWAT we believe that everyone has a story to tell and we are all capable of shifting perspectives and growing one another.
At JAGWAT our vision is to see young women succeed and become an inspiration for others in their community.
- To grow the blogging community and grow writing skills for young women
- To assist and partake in the community through various outreaches and
initiatives aimed at empowering women
- To become a women empowerment and support structure
- To encourage young women to enhance their skills and share their life stories in an attempt to inspire others
- To create a safe sharing platform for young women from disadvantaged backgrounds
Should you wish to become a JAGWAT Contributor, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
“If you educate a boy, you educate an individual. If you educate a girl, you educate a community.” African Proverb